Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2001

Re: [sharechat] SOE Sell signal

From: "Jeremy" <jeremy@electrosilk.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:40:41 +0800

Showing my extreme ignorance in most matters, I look at the graph and see a
rising trendline that skips along the local mimima of the graph.  I see that
two points are used to define the line, one at around Sep 24 and another
around Oct 10.

What I don't understand is why the rule was not applied in the shorter
period Sep 24 through to October 9, when the application of the same rule
would have triggered a sell a number of times.

If, as I understand it, technical analysis simply looks at the shapes of the
curves, irrespective of the underlying information, and irrespective of the
time period, then I don't see why this trendline break is any better than
the short period ones.

I ask this question guardedly as I understand a lot of technical traders
operate on time periods of minutes to seconds and use the same methodology
and rulesets

Jeremy

----

----