Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2001

[sharechat] CEN focus discssion group by UMR Insight Ltd

From: "Andrew Smith" <smith5@free.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:13:32 +1300

I was rung about a week ago by UMR Insight Ltd which is a research company
asking various questions about CEN, was I going to sell etc. The next day I
was rung back inviting me to a "Focus Discussion Group" run by this crowd
and they would pay me $80 to attend. So I went last night.

There were 7 of us and the majority were all people that had decided to not
sell for various reasons. The focus of UMR was to try and identify why and
how could Edison best try to convince share holders to sell.and what were
our thoughts.

It was interesting but it did indicate to me that Edison are determined to
get their 90%. The group felt in it ultimately would be determined by the
institutions. Another interesting thing I noticed was although there was a
variety of different reasons for not selling. Most were based on very little
knowledge or understanding of the company CEN it self and where it fitted in
the market place. It was quite surprising.

Regards
Andrew