Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2001

Re: Re: [sharechat] Cullen airlines

From: "Phil Boeyen" <pboeyen@sharechat.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 21:07:47 +1300

Hugh

Good precis. Cullen does seem to have done an about turn on this.  One
moment "let's stay in till we get it up and going and make a buck", then the
next "we're long term shareholders".

One thing though.  I know you have talked before about airlines being a
commodity biz re Buffet, but really, are they low/no entry? Given the safety
regulations and landing right issues that have to be met, I wonder.  Also, I
have my doubts that competition is determined by price alone.  Certainly
discount carriers yes, but as so many airlines make their main cash from
business travellers, I would have thought things like take-off slots,
branding, in-flight services and so on count for quite a lot.

Regards, Phil