Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2001

Re: Re: [sharechat] Nicks readme file has a virus in it dont open

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:40:37 +1300

You had better check that you have the latest 2001 version and that you use the life update system.

As far as I know, the Norton will immediately show you a large area with instructions to follow. They are very clear!

It will sometimes say that it can't repair the file and sometimes, that it can.

(In both cases, I sent it to the quarantine area and delete them later on).
The original messages are still there and there is no need to select these, why would you after this lot!

A window comes up automatically, asking you what to do: Open the message or Cancel  it ( It will also refer to possible virusses ).  I click on Cancel and then delete the messages.

I don't believe in reading repaired files either. Just delete that lot!

And I am blocking all messages from "nick" from now on, as well! His security could not have been up to date either. Don't want to go through that again, thanks!

Still waiting for an apology,

Gerry