Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2001

[sharechat] QBE Insurance Group

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 11:32:59 +1300

My last comment was immediately after the WTC attack.
QBE is one of the stocks in the " Working at the coal face series".

( At a personal level, I originally gave it a weighting of 3 against 3 for CLH and 4 for LACO ).

The shares dived from $10 to below $4; nobody expected this to happen!
However, as was the case with CLI, friends and I bought back in @ $5.40.