Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2001

Re: [sharechat] Say NO to XP (off topic)

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 18:54:04 +1300

DR,
I could find another good reason why I may not get XP.

I have the Windows 1998 2nd edition which like most operating systems, was put out in a hurry.

I spent a lot of time scrutinizing and applying the Microsoft Security Bulletins and we finally get to the stage where not that many patches will be needed, I think. ( I also use the 2001 Norton Antivirus ).

That time and effort would be wasted if I had to do that all over again!

Anyway, there are still minor upgrades from time to time: A month ago, I loaded a new version of Explorer 6 and Outlook Express 6. Very satisfactory!

Sit tight !

Gerry

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] PRG and Gaynor Derek