Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2001

[sharechat] a good deal that makes much sense

From: "Cindy Lens" <cindy_lens@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 18:40:43 +0000

"At the end of September last month I mentioned about BNBN (traded in
America's NASDAQ market), a stock that can have potential for huge return.
Back then, BNBN was traded at $0.75, today it is traded at $1.11, an amazing
48% increase and should keep on rising.  Some wonderful people thanked me
for this information -- You're welcome.

My objective is to search for value stock with genuine value from respected
companies -- not the penny stocks from unknown companies -- and I value your
input.  See these links...
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/011025/252521_1.html
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/010919/sfw017a_1.html

Following are quotes from company news release:
Shares of Barnes & Noble.com -- whose majority shareholders are bookseller
Barnes & Noble Inc. (NYSE:BKS - news) and German media giant Bertelsmann AG
(news - web sites) (BTGGga.D)
As of September 30, 2001, the company had $125.5 million of cash and
marketable securities, and no debt.

The company acquired more than 765,000 new customers during the third
quarter, bringing the cumulative customer count to more than 10.3 million.
The cost of customer acquisition in the third quarter declined dramatically
to $14 from $24 in the third quarter of 2000.

NASDAQ rule: any stock traded below $1 for 90 days shall be delisted. A
well-known company like Barnes and Noble.com, with zero debt and excellent
management, you know it would rebound to above $1 NASDAQ rule.

The stock has already bounced sharply from its 52-week low of $.75 when I
last mentioned and based on the chart, great news and outstanding
management, BNBN should continue moving up immediately.  I believe the stock
could easily reach its $2 book value this year.
To get an idea of the future potential of this stock, visit its Barnes and
Noble store to get a feel of what they do.  I think they have good
management.  Analysts predict this company will make profit in 2002, and
when it does make profit, you can imagine how high it can go up to."