Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2001

Re: [sharechat] FRU charts vs fundamentals

From: "hugh webber" <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 09:12:55 +1300

Good try Cullen, but its like trying to sweep water up hill or get rid of the
astrology charts from
newspapers/magazines.
I don't use charts apart from trying to detect seasonal patterns over a number
of years which I can
do by number crunching anyway. The Access website allows easy search and use of
these. Warren
Buffett doesn't use charts at all and he's the most successful, professional
and fulltime investor
ever.
However one eventually learns its a waste of time pointing out how
counterproductive and futile the
mumbo jumbo stuff like 'head and shoulders' etc is and one just ignores all
charting posts.
cheers,
Hugh

----------
> From: not important <cullen150@yahoo.com>
> To: sharechat <sharechat@sharechat.co.nz>
> Subject: [sharechat] FRU charts vs fundamentals
> Date: Wednesday, 24 October 2001 19:23
>
> hey, time for a sharemarket laymens thoughts (hence
> the possible utter stupidity of the following
> statements)??
>  I think charts are very helpful, the recent chart of
> WAM proves this.
> But one thing I think this takeover offer shows is
> that a mix of fundamentals and charts is important.
> This takeover offer for FRU would be based on good
> fundamentals such as sales and growth, I highly doubt
> they offered to buy this company as its shareprice
> chart looked good.
>  Following fundamentals would not have directly shown
> a takeover offer was coming up but it does suggest one
> could/should. I dont think a chart would show this.
> Maybe, I dont know.
> Charts are good but dont rule out anything.
>
>   Thats my 1.5cents worth.
>        I'll be quiet now, Cullen150  :)

> http://personals.yahoo.com

> Want to find share analysis that is accurate, reliable and useful?  Check
> out Intelligent Investing's "Quick Reports", information for the savvy
> investor
>
> Click here: http://www.intelligentinvesting.co.nz/quickreports/home.htm

Want to find share analysis that is accurate, reliable and useful?  Check
out Intelligent Investing's "Quick Reports", information for the savvy
investor

Click here: http://www.intelligentinvesting.co.nz/quickreports/home.htm

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] NZ Herald Story - To understand Australia's attitude, ask a Mexican hugh webber