Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2001

[sharechat] SPE

From: Phaedrus <Phaedrus@techemail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 23:25:58 -0700 (PDT)

Cullen150,
          I regard SPE as a penny dreadful, an example of the type of stock I
would not touch. Low volumes, wide spreads, prices bouncing around in a random
manner, only $1562 traded all day today etc etc. I noticed one period of 6
consecutive trading days where the TOTAL turnover was $500. You can't do much
with a stock like that. Buying it would be a gamble, not an investment. As I
have said many times, TA does not work well on stocks like this. I have
attached the chart - it does show a rather unconvincing trendline break. You
would be very brave (or very foolish) to act on that alone.
            Phaedrus.