Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2001

Re: [sharechat] Frucor announcement

From: "hugh webber" <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:38:13 +1300

Its rather annoying in some ways. Does New Zealand have an infinite capacity to
produce a stream of
good innovative companies starting with maybe the animal eartag company which
the French gobbled up
some years ago (there were probably earlier cases too) through to Montana,
Contact and now Frucor.
Is there no resistance at all? Do we wind up with only a pack of crap-outs like
Air NZ if we have a
sharemarket at all or do we start declaring some companies and sectors
"Reserved in the National
Interest" like the Australian Governments (of every political hue).
Then we have all the fair weather friends who decamp to Oz as soon as they
think they can see a few
extra bob - at least Nufarm came unstuck in that cynical exercise.
If one can administer NZ operations from Australia then its equally possible to
administer
Australian operations from NZ.

----------
> From: nick <helmett@xtra.co.nz>
> To: sharechat@sharechat.co.nz
> Subject: Re: [sharechat] Frucor announcement
> Date: Wednesday, 24 October 2001 16:34
>
>           What we really need to know is how well the British
> operation has gone over the summer.  Strange we havnt heard anything
> on that front for some time.
>              If the U.K operation is taking off there is no way i would
> even consider a paltry offer of 2.35.
>  However if the operations in Britain are not doing too well then 2.35
> might be fair value.
>       Good to see people are beginnng to realise this company is
> a good one. There were times here on sharechat last year when i
> felt i was banging my head against a brick wall, even recieved
> open abuse at my support of the company.
>        Im not small minded enough to go back over past posts
> and regurgitate which so and so said what, but it feels good to be
> vindicated.
>
>     Nick

> Want to find share analysis that is accurate, reliable and useful?  Check
> out Intelligent Investing's "Quick Reports", information for the savvy
> investor
>
> Click here: http://www.intelligentinvesting.co.nz/quickreports/home.htm

Want to find share analysis that is accurate, reliable and useful?  Check
out Intelligent Investing's "Quick Reports", information for the savvy
investor

Click here: http://www.intelligentinvesting.co.nz/quickreports/home.htm

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] FRU charts vs fundamentals not important