Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2001

Re: [sharechat] Contact takeover

From: "Phil Boeyen" <pboeyen@sharechat.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 11:59:05 +1300

Hoop

I put your dividend question to EME at a press conference a few minutes ago.
The price being offered "assumes the final dividend will not be paid to
shareholders" the company says.  Given last year's final dividend price was
around 12 cents per share it will be interesting to see what valuation the
appraisal report comes up with.  EME is also saying that it has already paid
a "premium for control" in its entry price of $5.00 and this should not be a
factor in a current valuation.

Phil