Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2001

[sharechat] Frucor

From: "Philip Robinson" <pcr@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 18:37:43 +1200

Title: Message
Ahh Frucor, let me crack open a V as I write..............

The important thing to note is that Bain is a Venture Capital company/investor, it is not their mandate it hold "matured" companies that are listed (is suspect), VCs usually fund coys to develop and grow and depart when or shortly after they list, therefore no body should be at all surprised that they are selling, it shows that they have reached a point where they cannot add anymore value AS A VENTURE CAPITALIST, not my emphasis.

Frucor is now a company which has reached a good point and now has to go it alone so to speak. The market vindicated this also by buying this morning, it traded a high of 160, up 8c, and closed, at 154 up 4c. The market has spoken.

Phil (The other one)
(Holds a much smaller parcel than even Phil B's small parcel)

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Air New Zealand - a comparison G Stolwyk