Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] sharechat growth index

From: "DARRYL TATOM" <small.planet@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 23:47:35 +1200

And again thanks for running the comp Mike. We can all learn from mistakes
as I for one predicted a turnaround year for tourism. Obviously in the comp
you are locked in for one year and the events of recent times dont allow you
to change holdings as Im sure some would have done given the chance. AIRNZ
and THL standout. Given that , it would seem like our 'long-term'
fundamentalists should have done well with all the turmoil had they given it
a go instead of a poke. From the comp I have definately been more aware of
the risks associated with certain sectors and the affects of events on
different shares. It is interesting to note the ones that are holding up
well (ie PORTS) as it is the ones that have crumbled.
In real life this year I have only owned one of the five shares I picked.
RMG which has been on a rollercoaster.
One ITC was up 50% at the beggining, only to be down over 50% now!

Warner

Interested in learning more about the sharemarket and investing?  Check out
the upcoming ShareChat Investor Education Seminars - please visit
http://www.sharechat.co.nz/services/seminars/ to find out more.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Air New Zealand shares finally suspended DARRYL TATOM