Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

Re: [sharechat] Air New Zealand shares finally suspended

From: "Ben Dutton" <bendutton@sharechat.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 10:39:45 +1000

Hi Jeremy,

Indeed I agree with you that the shares should have been halted - in fact I
advocated a trading halt along with Brian Jones on Monday.

The fact that the shares continued trading is not necessarily Helen Clark's
problem - that jurisdiction lies with the NZSE and the MSP.  However, Helen
Clark and indeed Air NZ themselves could have requested a halt.

Thus there are numerous parties involved with that "slip-up" and Helen
Clark's comments to the media only further served to fuel the volatile fire.

Best Regards

Ben Dutton