Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

Re: [sharechat] What risk in buying Air NZ shares?

From: "hugh webber" <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 21:19:54 +1200

Don't do it mate. A better idea is to stand at The Chalice in the
Square, open your wallet, empty all the notes onto the ground,
arrange them in a little heap with the $100 ones at the top,
pull out some matches and set fire to the heap and warm your
hands over it.
Then repeat several times slowly, Just don't worry about Air
N.Z.; the government will save it because it can't afford to let
it go bankrupt.
Then go and buy a decent share like say Kiwi Income Ppty Trust
and go home to sleep soundly.

cheers,
Hugh

P.S. You could get in on the ground floor of the govt privatising it
next time round. But a word of advice. Don't buy airline shares.
They're commodity shares like Carter Holt, coffee, sugar, peanuts.