Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

Re: Re: [sharechat] What to buy when rally starts?

From: "nick" <helmett@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 14:10:05 +1200

           I thought initially about GPG, sure they will prove to be a bagain
in the long term, however i agree they will only recover slowly. Plus they havnt fallen
that much really, and you have to remember thsat the value of the companys shares
they are invested in will have also dropped. I will be topping up on these still.
               My old friend Frucor is high on my list and i intend to top up on these also.
      Frucor are down below their issue price, yet it is hard to see any reason why the
current crisis should have any real negative impact on peoples consumption of
soft drinks.  Soft drinks traditionally hold up well as a defensive stock and they are
now well undervalued even if their sales of V in the uk fail to lift.

         Nick

OK GPG is in the UK market in a big way (for them) but they are not going to do things quickly.
They represent only 0.9% of their sector and the sector is only 1.1% of the total market which makes them quite insignificant other than on a bidding basis for a particular share.