Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

Re: [sharechat]

From: "Eric Watson" <ericwatson01@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 06:55:26 +0000

I too agree with Ben Dutton. This situation does have many to blame and the
Government should get alot of this blame. Although I believe that the
Government has stuffed around with the decision to raise foreign ownership
there are other interesting aspects to this argument. One in particular
which I have heard lately is that of Fonterra eventually going public. Would
this also have an overseas investment cap??? If it didn't we would see huge
overseas investment in our dairy industry which would hastily turn it into
another overseas owned company. This could be quite devastating as we are
actually quite dependent on our dairy exports.New Zealand would yet again
become a cheap producer while the overseas owners would create the value and
in turn reap the rewards. Is this because in general New Zealand companies
are bad at creating value?
What do other sharechatters think???

EW.