Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

RE: [sharechat] Fw: Selling short

From: "charlie brown" <gordy_gecko@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 11:28:37 +1000

Thats right John - last time I posted I was putting the boot into ITC (and
you were asking me why I thought big Jeff was under pressure).  The events
that have transposed with this stock speak for themselves.

Now that I have lifted my head from my desk to see the light of day (and
diverted my attentions from earning some $ and finding some company's that
need them (plenty more to be done now)), I've seen (or about to see):

a) the US get a wake up call (and NO I don't agree with the method of alarm)

b) inept NZ and Australian Governments/directors/and advisers drop the ball
on both NZ and Australian Icon's (and then the Aust. Unions thwart any plans
to get the thing back in the air- how backward are these people?!?!)- good
article by Ben and some great comments from other chatters (It seems that it
woke the hibernating bears from their sleep) keep that card up your sleeve
Ben and maybe play it a bit more often.

c) my, what I consider quality stock portfolio plummet - Ouch!?!?!

Two aliases - I've been down that road with Mr G Stolwyk before....

Hope that chatters are holding up well under what has been a truly awful
past week or so.

Regards

Sir C Brown