Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

Re: [sharechat] Air New Zealand

From: "Ben Dutton" <bendutton@sharechat.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:24:13 +1000

Hi Malcolm, sorry I don't have an online subscription to the AFR thus cannot
get to the article to post it on ShareChat.

I'm sure there was political pressure from Australia, but the facts remain
that the coalition currently in power were against raising the shareholding
cap for ideological reasons (landing rights issues aside which are debatable
in themselves).  That Air New Zealand is now almost underwater and Ansett is
underwater because of blind ideology and "principles" strikes me as sad.

Best Regards

Ben Dutton