Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2001

Re: Re: [sharechat] SKC- Another good result!

From: jerrold poh <pohj@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 15:33:20 +1200

> The way I see it is that a share split is one of those
> perception/reality things. A shareholder with say $5000 to spend will
> feel they have a better stake in a company with with 1362 shares @
> $3.67 compared to 454 shares @ $11.00. Clearly they have the same
> financial stake but they have the intangible "feelgood" factor on
> their side.

also, there could be a problem if you're working with a small amount of
cash, and want to use up as much of that cash as possible.  Ie, if you
had say a small amount ilke $80,000 to invest, you can use up all of it
and buy say ... about 6000 baycorp shares, or spend $70,000 on one
Berkshire Hathaway share, and have $10,000 left over ...

Jerrold.