Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2001

Re: [sharechat] smr: comments please

From: "Chris Watson" <cgwatson@zfree.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 11:27:44 +1200

An underated stock that has been overdue for a recovery (IMHO).  Interim result
includes
a rise in eps from 2.3 to 2.5 (i.e. 8%) - not bad given recent tech doldrums.
Nice
moves into Singapore (which can't be easy at the mo') and inroads with Kachingo
and
SoftTech.  My only real concern is that they are not holding much cash, but
given
the health of their current investments, this doesn't amount to much.  CSG
holding
is a lot less than it used to be, and even with that investment there is a slow
and
slight recovery underway (a new mgmt team will help).  ALl up, there is nice
upside
and as long as the bottom doesn't fall out of the NASDAQ any more than it has,
I'm
picking a nice recovery.

Disc: HOLDER and very positive about this stock's trading and investment
opportunities.

>SMR went up 12% today and 20% since yesterday. Obviously the news >release has
>had
a positive impact. Is this a sustainable breakout? >Opinions please.

>http://www.sharechat.co.nz/          New Zealand's home for market investors
>To remove yourself from this list, please use the form at
>http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.shtml.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Historical Price Data - Aus and UK aorang