Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2001

[sharechat] NZSE listing by sectors

From: "mikejenny" <mikejenny@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 18:29:28 +1200

I got a free copy of the "new paper on the block" in Chch the other day , The Citizen, and was most impressed with the share page in it. All the normal buy, sell, div% etc but the neat thing I found was the way in which the had organised the market. It was laid out in sectors. Very interesting especially as I was wondering about balanced portfolios etc and had not come across this before where all the co’s on the NZSE were listed.Their headings were:

Agriculture and Fishing

Building

Consumer

Energy Processing

Finance and other services

Food and Drink

Intermed and Durables

Forestry

Investment

Leisure and Tourism

Media and Communications

Mining

Overseas Cos listed on NZSE

Ports

Property

Textiles and Apparel

Transport

Pretty good I thought. I don’t really want to list all the cos in each sector but they seemed pretty clearcut to me. Does anyone think they have missed any out??

Cheers iccon

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: RE: [sharechat] RBC George Hill