Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2001

Re: Re: [sharechat] Re: Goodall and heroic... interest rates

From: Derek <dkw@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 19:51:49 +1200

Correct me if I am wrong but high interest rates do 2 things that are
extremely negative.

1) Transfer New Zealands wealth to overseas investors (a truly stunning idea).
2) Inhibit growth (another truly admirable goal!).

They also keep inflation down which seems to be the main aim, still its
easy to stop inflation by burning money & opportunities. Harder to do it
another way - that would require imagination!

Regards,
Derek

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] LEARNING TO INVEST: Investment styles and selecting stocks (2) G Stolwyk