Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2001

Re: [sharechat] Update on the 'heroic' US consumer

From: "mrgoodall" <mrgoodall@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 20:41:44 +1200

As  always  we  tend  to  follow  rather  than  lead,  a  tax  cut  is  going  to  help the  Americans,  why  cant  we  do  it ?  that  would  lead  to  more  money  flowing  into  the  economy.
look  at Singapore  they  have  companies   entering  their  country    they  dont  have  to pay  tax   for  the  first  five  years  , why  cant  we  do  the  same  (    this  would  help  our  economy , we  must  remember  if  a  company   employs  a  thousand   people   (    creates  new  jobs  )    they  are  paying  tax!!
Look  at  Ireland  10%   company  tax  rate   their  economy  is  booming!!.

We  dont  need  to  follow  everyone  else   if  we  lead   they  will  come  here
what  are  the  powers  at  be  afraid  of     ,  maybe  they  just   dont  have  the  foresite, even  if   they  cant  come  up  with  any   new  ideas   why  dont   they  just  copy   the   best  economies  ??.
very  frustrating
Mike G