Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2001

[sharechat] Technical Analysis

From: Phaedrus <Phaedrus@techemail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 17:09:46 -0700 (PDT)

David,
      If you are not into TA, and know little or nothing about it, for goodness
sake do not try and trade with it. Your efforts would be doomed to failure. You
need to spend a lot of time and effort on your education first. Start with
buying the book "Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets" by John Murphy.
It gives a good overview of Technical Analysis. $140 at Borders Bookshop. The
more you learn, the less you will lose when you start trading.
   To answer your question. I can think of 22 momentum indicators off the top
of my head. There are bound to be many more. You would, of course, never rely
on a single indicator.
              Regards,
                        Phaedrus.