Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2001

[sharechat] Hugh's Test.

From: Phaedrus <Phaedrus@techemail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 16:41:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hugh,
      Your silence is deafening. We both know what the problem is though, don't
we. You can't accept my arguments, but you are unable to refute them. Tricky.
It really is unreasonable of you to jump up and scream "it's all snakeoil" and
then not respond to a reasoned, logical reply. Just to recap :-

Up and down Trends exist.
Knowledge of them helps when making trading decisions.
They can easily be seen on charts.
Charts are therefore helpful.

or, in your case

Trends do not exist. (!)
They are of no use in making trading decisions. (!)
They can not be seen on charts. (!)
Charts are useless. (!) (Is the trend not your friend?)

 I've got you, havn't I Hugh?   If you accept the premise that trends exist,
this leads quite logically to the fact that charts are useful. If you claim
trends do not exist, you become a laughing stock.

 You are between a rock and a hard place, old son.

                   Phaedrus.

PS   How did you get on with your test?
     Could you see the trends?
     Could you see the value of monitoring them?
     Could you see where Snoopy should have sold?