Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2001

Re: [sharechat] TLS

From: jerrold poh <pohj@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 10:04:30 +1200

Phaedrus,

finally, a chart showing a trend going down :).  i have to say though,
that this chart hasn't actually been as clear as your last few charts,
and was wondering if you can explain it?

how do you know when it's safe to buy again?  i can kind of see
an uptrend forming again at october, and then crabbing along for awhile
(while still on a minor up trend?), or do you just wait till it breaks
the down trend before buying?  also, how long does the trend have to go
for before you start buying again?

also, i've been reading abit about charting (i know, a little knowledge
it worse than no knowledge at all :) ), but was wondering why the trend
lines always seem to follow the actual dollar value, and not a
percentage value?  (ie, 50 cents up from 70c is going to be alot higher
than 50c up from 200c).  why not chart on a lograthimic scale using
percentages?

jerrold.