Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2001

[sharechat] analysis

From: Phaedrus <Phaedrus@techemail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 14:53:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hugh,
     You state "Who cares if the price continues to
go down if you have bought for income..."
 I do. I call situations like that mistakes. But then I am labouring under the
illusion that Total Return = Yield + Capital Appreciation.
  Try timing your purchases better. Wait for prices to stop falling. Wait for
them to start rising. Patience. Technical Analysis could really help you in
this area.
            Phaedrus.