[sharechat] info on market depth

From: "robin court" <bushvalley@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 22:53:42

One of the top requirements of an efficiently operating market is full
information. The NZSE doesn't allow market depth info available over the
internet, although the ASX does. For NZ depth info you have to ring a broker
which is pretty inefficient.
I don't know whose interests the NZSE thinks it's serving by this policy,
but I think it obvious that efficient markets should be in the interests of
everybody (except maybe those seeking to retain monopolistic rewards). Just
one further cause of the totally dismal performance of the NZ market over
such a long period. Can't we exert some pressure ... ?