[sharechat] Visiting soon!

From: RIL <ril99_99@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 16:52:42 +0100 (BST)

Hi campesinos!!!

I am about to travel to three third world countries:
Burkina Faso, Ethiopia and New Zealand on route to my
new job in the US.

I will be travelling with my British girlfriend whom I
have warned not to come. Nevertheless, she is full of
imperial can-do spirit and determined to see the place
I escaped from. I dread the feeling of shame at
showing her around. We shall settle in Kent in a
couple of years where any children we have can get a
proper education and be raised as English people.

I believe it is still safe in parts of Wellington,
Christchurch and Queenstown so will restrict our
roaming to those places. Keeping our fingers crossed
that we will not be robbed or attacked as I believe it
takes a few days to get the police.

Have had emails from friends who tell me the economy
is running down with large scale closures; Qantas,
Hartner etc. etc. Look forward to seeing it for
myself. They also say the stockmarket is completely
stuffed and they have put their money offshore. Fixed
income earners are really hurting.

For your information current pay rates for accountants
and IT people in the UK vary from NZ peso $70 - $300
per hour. I believe an unqualified accountant doing
basic reconciliations earns about $90,000 kiwi pesos a
year. Remember, the key is what you save.

All the best

RIL

PS. Do I have to pay anything at the airport to the
Maoris by way of Koha for entering NZ yet? If so I
think we will just keep going. Perhaps a week in a
safer country like Colombia.