Re: [sharechat] INTEGRITY

From: "latham anderson" <latham.anderson@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 19:39:06 +1200

A prize quality.
1. A few moons ago I was studying for a Master's degree (property related)
and a group of us (5) visited the chief executive of a publicly listed property company.  We were a motely group - some were probably known to our host.
The particular property we discussed was roundly condemned as being a poor investment and various reasons were put forward.  (We were attempting to complete an assignment and this was a serious discussion).  A short time later the particular condemned location was purchased by the company.
Is this a demonstration of integrity?

2.  I attended my first AGM (AFFCO) early this year.  I spoke for a few minutes to
Ross Townshend (about dairying!).  He urged further purchase at 42cents.  I find it hard to believe that the rosey picture and threat of a dividend could be so closely followed by staff departures and apparent policy changes.  The direction of the Company must have already been determined as faulty.  Is this a demonstration of integrity?

3.   I've been really puzzled by - Air NZ doing some fund raising last year and so soon after producing a profit downgrade.
                                                   - THL,FRU either have novices at the helm or
or have a question mark over them.

As a  late learner about the sharemarket I am beginning to wonder about the overoptimistic hype -why predictions are made at all-  when so often they are followed by the different reality. I have to go to TV1!
Cheers Andy.