Re: [sharechat] Re: PRG

From: "Christian Mair" <product@adidas-ep.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 09:04:04 +1200

Faizal, Frank Fernandez once wrote a great article on PRG in his stocktake
column:
http://www.sharechat.co.nz/articles/20000521-stocktake.shtml
I like PRG. They have a good market share in the appliance market (approx.
30%) and a strong balance sheet due to no dividend payout. They also sell
key brands like HP and Compaq together with only 3 other retailers in NZ. I
also like the fact that they were able to increase their margins. Most of
their director bought shares over the $1.50 mark, which seems like a vote of
confidence. However, the liquidity is the main factor and in my opinion also
pricesetter.
If you are looking into the Retail sector IMHO think that PRG has more
upside than WHS short/medium term.
Regards,
Christian
discl. hold PRG