Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2001

Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] Re: - tech analysis

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 19:01:23 +1200

Further to what I said in my previous post, tech. analysis is - in my opinion - to a great extent the result of studies in human behaviour and obviously the intensity of the demand / supply equation, plays a role.

There must be many " artificial " situations where a " hot poker " is passed around or where markets are rigged.
But, nevertheless, on the whole, it plays an important role in the markets!

The tech. analyst can benefit as long as there are sufficient people around who don't follow this "science ".

But, what would happen if all market participants were skilled tech. analysts and many concentrated on the same stocks?

What do others think?

A friend knows someone who sometimes follows horses; he swears that he can " see the signs ", as long as the droppings are still fresh!

Gerry

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Re -DEFINITIONS latham anderson