Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2001

RE: [sharechat] Dissecting the postings.

From: Mick Clifton <Mick.Clifton@eskimo.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 12:17:03 +1200

Hi Mike,
Interesting posting.
I'm surprised to read that you consider other chatters, competitors!!
So as you say, ("Hmmm... So based on the above, and assuming that all investors are playing the game for the same reasons, and that their competitors are other investors, then one must assume that any posting to this forum fits the following categories").
Isn't how I play. I'm playing the game to make MONEY..
I look at it a bit like a horse race. You have the favourites which show good form and regularly get in the money and the then you
have the roughies which often "pull up" and only occasionally get in the money. Its picking horse not playing against
the other punters that's important.
I personally think this forum is great. I don't get the opportunity to research dozens of stocks so reading what investors
say and stocks mentioned helps me to narrow down what stocks to look at.
So the long and the short of it, and what I'm getting at is, we can all play and how is up to the individual.
Cheers Mick