Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2001

[sharechat] AIRNZ - Snoopy

From: "Matthew Van Veen" <mattvanveen@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 17:23:20 +1200

Snoopy

I re-read your great analysis you wrote the other day regarding AIR NZ. It
was written before the current saga so I guess you may wish to change a few
figures around now. Its interesting to see that the price turned around this
afternoon and was not down as much as I thought it would be. Given your
analysis I also believe AIR NZ will survive, especially in conjunction with
Singapore Airlines. It may take a while but it will recover and the current
players of Virgin and Impulse should disappear. A "long" long term holder
should be tempted to buy at these prices however should probably wait for
the dust to settle a bit. I think the lowest they have been is 75c a few
years back. They hit a low of 88c before the afternoon recovery today. The
best thing they can do is keep being honest in their announcements and
disclosures letting the public know exactly whats going on. As Kiwis, we
also should help out and fly with them.
Once again - thanks for your analysis.
Disclosure - hold no current A or B shares but picked the "B's" as one of my
best performing stocks for 2001 in our current "beat the broker
competition".