Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2001

Re: Re: [sharechat] Strathmore - the bottom-NOW UP??

From: "AXL" <gregsmcd@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 10:58:14 +1200

This result from SMR must surely be a shock to the obviously unsuspecting market.Their shareprice has of recent been very weak!!!!!-Pricing in a suspected bad result-but it was very strong!!!!
Their NTA has slipped only marginally (not as bad as suspected) due to tech asset price weakness.
This company made this strong result on the back of profitable sales-is this not positive,good investing and management??.This is the way tech investing co's are meant to make their money arnt they???-Seeing undervalued assets and technology- injecting capital and good management and exciting when the profit is worthwhile.
Their NTA would suggest that they still have a good selection (book value) of assets in their stable.
I believe SMR will be one of the stronger tech survivors!!!!
How long can SMR continue to trade at such a low PE-HELL they have earnings of over 3.2CPS for the year and they have recently been trading at 6-8CPS????
At these prices and these results I will certainly be increasing my holdings in this co !!!!
What do other investers think????

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Worsts investments of past decade - best in next? nick