Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2001

Re: [sharechat] >>>>>>>>>>> 1 RBC = 1.4 FFS + OTHER ASSETS

From: "charlie brown" <gordy_gecko@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 10:45:29 +1000

"The March 24 post would have gone to Financial institutions who subscribed to Sharechat's email service. It would have gone worldwide!"

I can see the headline now - "Wall Street analysts mull over G Stolwyk's forum postings before taking position in Rubicon".

"At that time, only some news about valuations or prospective market prices of RBC would have been available!"

Your's should be referred to as the definitive work etched from what little information was available.

The RBC directors will never forgive me deducting $21 mill. from their valuation and then putting a 41cents market price on RBC, 2 days before listing!

I've heard that there's been a few sleepless nights on Paratai Drive due to your write down in the valuation of RBC just days before its listing.  Rumours were circulating that they may indeed hold off listing due to your postings and the effect that these would have on depressing the share price.  I'd recommend using a pseudonym so that disgruntled analysts, brokers, IB's and the like don't start stalking you.

Great posts Gerry - sometimes flights of fancy seem to creep in to your works however.  Nothing like a bit of artistic licence though.