Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2001

[sharechat] Teletext and the 40 index

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 21:28:08 +1200

Introduction.

Teletext is very useful to investors and pages 140, 260-264, 265, 378, and 384 are referred to, when making decisions.

They will be able to contact their broker while reading updated NZ quotes on pages 260-264 !!

In the evening they will read the Australian prices on page 265 and on a brief page 266.

Many with computers, will  use this medium instead, and thereby save power and time.

One would expect the Dow Jones and the Nasdaq results within 15-30 minutes after trading, to be on the teletext in the morning, including Saturday morning.
 Many investors want these results quickly!!

When there is a new listing, you would expect teletext to prepare for this, by entering some data before the unofficial quotes start and then follow through.

( This is vital to many investors as trading - on listing - can fluctuate within a brief timespan ).

The latter was not always done in the past and I used to contact the then editor in Christchurch to get it fixed up.

The teletext service has deteriorated over time and investors have lost time and money.

2. Developments.

On March 26, RBC Rubicon ) was listed and I was keen to see the quotations on teletext. There were none. I had to contact the broker a few times to get the updates.

I contacted TV One by email on March 27 and gave them a few hours to get the data entered on page 263: I was going to discuss the matter on Sharechat !

Nothing happened till the next day when they entered the data on page 260 instead. That page should only have the 40 index data.

I contacted 2 leading brokers and they could not even tell me when RBC was going to be part of this index!!
It was an imported matter as FFS is part of the 40 index.

I then contacted the NZSE on March 29 and got the reply that RBC would not go into this index before the end of April at the earliest. Please refer to my post of  March 29.

Within a very short time of posting, teletext shifted the data from page 260 to page 263!!

Apparently, teletext is another ardent reader of  contributions to this Forum!

Gerry

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Tower - Unexplained share price increase John Weernink