Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2001

Re: [sharechat] CAH

From: "greg" <gregoire@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 16:29:29 +1200

Well what do you know Ash.  This came through this 'avo.

REL: 1502 HRS Carter Holt Harvey Limited

GEN: CAH:  CARTER HOLT SEEKS COMMERCE COMMISSION VIEW

Carter Holt Harvey has applied to the Commerce Commission for clearance of a
possible acquisition of the former Fletcher Challenge Forests/CITEC Central
North Island Forestry Partnership (CNIFP) assets, currently in receivership.
CEO for Carter Holt Harvey, Chris Liddell said the company currently has no
plans to acquire the CNIFP assets.  "This is simply a step that we often take
to keep our options open."  Carter Holt was previously given clearance by the
Commerce Commission to purchase the CNIFP assets, then called the Kaiangaroa
Forestry Assets when the Government originally tendered them for sale in
1995.

Regards,
greg

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] RBC > Rubicon competition >>> We have a winner! G Stolwyk