Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2001

Re: Re: [sharechat] AIRVA

From: "SWLEE" <SWLEE@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 18:39:11 +1200

Deidre,
IMHO, with current tough environments facing AIRNZ and the rest of airline
industries ( Qantas has also suffered a share slide with their profit
warning today), the only factor that is underpinning AIRNZ  share price is
its dividend yield which has to be above the prevailing market interest rate
because of its inherent risk factor.

How low will AIRVA share go is therefore dependent on what its end of the
year dividend payout. They paid 4 CPS for the half year recently(which was
much greater than they earned for the same period) compared with the 6CPS
for the previous 6 months. Assuming that they will repeat the same payout of
4 cps for the next half year (if they can afford it!!) resulting a total of
8cps and lets say at 8% dividend yield, that translates into a $1 per share.
If 10 cps, $1.25 per share.

In reality, they just cant afford any dividend payout without barrowing more
money until they improve their bottom lines which would be sometime after
2002 financial year.

Stephen