Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2001

Re: [sharechat] CEN

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 14:01:59 +0000

>I am also glad to take $3.08.  I have waited near a year and half
>for the CEN to climb up and I am not going to let this one get
>away.
>I don't mind taking some losses.

Why didn't you take your losses earlier then?

>Anyone out there can give me some suggestions as to what to invest
>next?

With dividends falling, 'yield' shares prices should start to go up.
People still need to buy power whether the economy does well or
badly.  And with falling levels in hydro reserves due to drought,
those companies that generate power using other means should do well,
like for instance....Oh that's right, you just sold them.

>I am a long term investor

18months is not long term

>and looking for high div in return.
>Maybe CAH or RBD? Is AirA a good buy at $1.31?

Carter Holt has a low dividend yield.
Restaurant Brands should fit your requirements, but don't expect
stellar growth in share price.
AirA?   They sure seem to have got into a mess in Australia.  I'd
expect the share price to be depressed for 2-3 years.  It is hard to
tell what is cheap when a company is making no money.   In the
meantime you might look at picking up some Air New Zealand
Convertible Notes (when they come out) as a way of getting income,
while waiting for them to convert to shares just as the share price
looks like improving in a few years time.

> Any advices will be appreciated!!

You shouldn't try to pick just one winner.    Try a diversified
portfolio of half a dozen shares at least. SNOOPY

Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz
on Pegasus Mail version 2.55
"Dogs have big tongues, so you can bet they don't
bite them by accident"