Re: [sharechat] BOOKS_............................Hugh Webber

From: "hugh webber" <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 10:46:43 +1300

hi Gerry et al,
hope this isn't too late, there's been a few other things going on.

I'd like to recommend 1. 'Buffettology' by Mary Buffett & David Clark,
Rawson Associates are the publishers I think; I bought it for
$44.95 at Dymocks.
Reputedly, and in my opinion, the best book on Warren Buffett's
investment methods. It keeps the personal guff to a minimum and
concentrates on the methods and rules used by Buffett to pinpoint
stocks worth investing in including those that seem to be overpriced
but will prove to be cheap. Written to be simple and easily understood
at the cost of being a little repetitive.

                                2. Making Money on the New Zealand
Sharemarket
by Frank Newman with Phil Briggs, published I think by Dollars and
Sense Books, Auckland. $29.95.
The authors have taken Buffett principles plus some other techniques
and applied them to the New Zealand sharemarket with case studies
and examples. Some of the specific non Buffett techniques and NZ
opportunities are quite interesting but some of it such as the 'technical'
chart analysis has all the drawbacks of such an approach i.e. its
rubbish. [I guess you'll have to edit that out]. A fascinating read for
NZers.

                                3. Buffett Step-by-Step, An Investors
Workbook.
By Richard pitman. Published by the Financial Times/pitman Publishing.
I'm sorry, this book doesn't have a price on it anywhere, it was given to
me
by a friend but its 223 pages and I should imagine about $40.00.
Its described as learn to to analyse and apply the techniques of the
Master Investor and consists of a bit on the man, a bit of history,
analytical
techniques and rules, followed by case studies.

No objection to being The Recommender.

cheers,
Hugh

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] BOOKS_............................................................ G Stolwyk