Re: [sharechat] LEARNING TO INVEST: The adventures of a dr. Crash (4)

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 19:59:12 +1300

Comment on:

The " Montana " debacle

An " excellent " source told me that when a large queue of prospective sellers was being formed to sell @ $ 4.65, they were getting worried about missing out.

Clients proceeded to amend or put in new orders to sell " at market ". Normally, they would be given priority.

They must have been just too late:
What happened was that after orders were filled @ $ 4.65, there was a sudden drop-off in price to about $ 3.70 - $ 3.80.
At this point many " at market " sellers " became" automatically sold out!

My source refused to take any sell orders unless the seller quoted a price with a limit attached! A very unusual method of operation.
He must have foreseen what was going to happen:

He finished up with two lots of happy clients: those who sold at the top price and others who still have shares nudging the $ 4 mark! Yes he got plenty of thanks from the latter!

I hope that Sharechatters did'nt get caught?

Something to think about!

Gerry

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: [sharechat] FOR-1 MIL......... Greg McDonald