Re: [sharechat] Brierley - Has to rise soon

From: "Ben Dutton" <bendutton@sharechat.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 16:56:56 +1300

Wading into the BRY debate, I have to agree with Moose's comments here.

Sure, BRY have some good investments - but the underlying fact is that the
company has destroyed billions of dollars of shareholder value and most
investors have no confidence in the management.

Most brokers won't go near the stock, nor recommend it to their clients -
BRY's share consolidation and re-denomination of share capital into U.S.
dollars is a bid to try and attract more US investors - maybe some will jump
on board, but I doubt it.

I really liked David's idea the other day of distributing Thistle shares
amongst BRY shareholders but can never see it happening.  After all, BRY's
long suffering shareholders might actually benefit from an action like that.

In saying that though, it's still a good share to trade and seems to
fluctuate between some set patterns at the moment.  Maybe some money to be
made on the upside (people that bought at 28 cents a couple of weeks ago
will be in a nice profit atm) but I wouldn't put it in my retirement
portfolio.

Best Regards

Ben Dutton
(Disc. do not hold BRY)

p.s.  I'm still holding my breath for that "Asia Recovery Fund" BRY were
putting together.  Last I heard it was being "restructured" back in June
last year.  I hope the restructuring is gong well.