[sharechat] E-Tailing and net use

From: "Graeme Martin" <Martin.Graeme.S38@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 09:15:39 +1300

Share chatters

There are lies and statistics - in the Christchurch Press an article "
Sega considering dumping dreamcast" p17 it quotes 40% of Americans, 25% of Canadians are happy to purchase online, only 12% of Australians are."

On page 18 the article "Sending e-mail dominates net use"  John Naughton says that only "4 or 5% regularly engage in online banking or shopping."

I go to my local Tertiary Educational Institution and I still get bombarded that E-tailing
is the best thing - the real growth sector.  Have the marketing whizz kids got it wrong - has the business to consumer website bubble burst?  They very quickly tell me "Are, but what about business to business (B2B) there is the next growth area."

I am very wary now about buying into E-commerce related technology stocks.  Too many are chasing too small a section of the retail section of the market.  Am I a modern luddite?

Graeme Martin