Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2001

[sharechat] BTBC Update

From: "Mike Hudson" <mikehudson@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 11:02:13 +1300

Whilst on the subject of Beat the Brokers I spent a couple of hours setting up the spreadsheet to record the results. I used last Friday's prices to test the model and from that I have some info from the first week.

The leading portfolio values are Roley Rackley ($54962) closely followed by People's Picks ($54941) and Shane Joyce ($54936)

The dreaded ABN AMRO, 11th, are the leading broker

Out of the 75 entries, 63 chatters (including two late entries) and 12 brokers, 56 are in profit and 19 in loss.

The best performing shares are ITC +33%, AQL +22%, SMR +17% and the worst RTX - 25%, SVY-17%, ADV-14%

Andrew, I won't mention who is bringing up the rear at the moment but there is a long way to go

I will get the end of January results out as soon as I can but I am supposed to be crewing on a yacht from Auckland to Nelson over the end of the month so they might be a bit delayed depending on the weather.

Cheers
Mike H