Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2001

Re: [sharechat] RBD

From: "nick" <acummin@es.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 13:35:27 +1300

Title: Re: [sharechat] RBD
                    Obviously taco bell wont be introduced overnight, but it appears the
ceo is looking into it, you can be sure if the trials in oz are sucesful then it will only
b a matter of time before the introduction here of taco bell.
            Jim collier, according to the nbr is looking into it

Listed fast food company Restaurant Brands is planning future expansion with its
 Taco Bell brand, chief executive Jim Collier says. ...........Restaurant Brands also
 owns the rights to the Taco Bell chain in New Zealand and is closely watching trials in Sydney.

    nick
Nick

Just with regards to RBD and Taco Bell I think it is important to differentiate between market spec that RBD is "planning to bring the Taco Bell franchise to NZ" and "planning to *look* at bringing the Taco Bell franchise to NZ".

RBD owns the rights to the Taco Bell franchise and several months ago after speaking to Jim Collier I wrote that although the company is watching the trial in Sydney the company had no plans to bring the brand here.

As far as I can ascertain that stance has not changed.