Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2001

Re: [sharechat] LAC / Gerry

From: "Peter Maiden" <pmaiden@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 06:54:17 +1300

Hi Gerry

You have made several posts on LAC over time painting a pretty positive picture. This is reflected in the LAC chart. Hope you have profited, Further casual reading on LAC I have done does highlight how successful they have been over the last few years,

Back to the LAC chart - the current price of $12.10 is close to both the 20 and 50 day moving averages which suggests that the price might soften a bit over the next month or so - not much though. The LAC price seems to move in the period leading up to profit announcements. If you believe there is more good news in the future (and there doesn't seem to be any reason why there shouldn't be) expect a movement up during April and May - pretty flat in the mean time.

I see that QBE is back to $9.80 - sentiment in the insurance sector seems to be the inhibiting factor in breaking the $10 barrier but getting close to having another go.

TAB is still trading in the range we expected.

Good to get a look at some Australian stocks - keep at it.

Peter

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Daily ShareChat News Summary Ben Dutton