Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2001

Re: [sharechat] US Analysts in trouble? Lessons for AUS/ NZ investors!!

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 19:29:03 +1300

When I ' do some work on a company ' I would refer to brokers' reports as aids. Often I use two of these but may not necessarily use their recommendations.

I also want to know the name of the broker ( if any ) who has the company as a client: Their forecasts can be optimistic!

Somebody came across a case of plagiarism: The original paragraphs were relocated and the lot was quoted word for word!

If the second report had been bona fide, then it would have reinforced his conviction to invest.
Fortunately no harm was done in this case.

Hence, it is a matter of judgement as to what we are reading, is subjected to bias in any form.
Gerry

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Rural stocks/ P. Maiden G Stolwyk