Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2000

Re: [sharechat] Money managers

From: "David Reid" <aspex@ix.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 22:29:37 +1300

While I have no wish to tar all advisers with the same brush.
1. Most investment for a reasonable return is basic. eg use a bank based managed fund like ASB / BNZ or AMP.
2. Many advisers do not offer value for money. Either too high a commission or too high an annual fee.

Educate yourself and as elsewhere commented - read> digest > ask >learn
In the long run no adviser will beat the market and the cheapest ongoing cost (usually a bank linked balanced managed fund) will beat them.
Notwithstanding this comment (not advice), I have never used any of them and only just beat my wife's chosen fund performance over time. But you cannot match the fun in trying.
If you do get on to a real winner, its great - and you will need one or two to counter the dogs.
David Reid
.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] LEARNING TO INVEST. G Stolwyk